11 May 2008

Pork Chops

Ok...so if you read comments, you may have seen that I had a dream about pork chops, and I said it half-satiated me. And it did, but it also made me really want pork chops, and good dad pork chops with onions and butter, or Kyle pork chops with brown sugar and walnuts - those are far away, because they can't be bought at a restaurant. Most pork chops at restaurants are ok, but nothing great. I also have a craving for steak sauce. A1 Thick and Hearty...mmm'boy.

So the latest in powerplay news is plane tickets, but I don't feel about writing about that right now, but now that I have mentioned it, maybe I will write about it later.

In other news, I have been analyzing Janardan's mother, and I think I have come to feel a portion of compassion for her. I often think that she deals with things in a stupid way, or can't problem solve, and never really understands situations, and I resent those facts, or just think less of her because of them. And then a day or two ago I just kind of thought - how would I feel if I couldn't problem solve? And I was like...I'd feel so helpless. And I begun to understand a little more why she is the way she is, because she feels helpless. I guess I just never really thought that people could lack essential problem solving. I mean, I've kind of noticed this tendency on a small scale with Janardan, but I guess still he just wasn't trying to problem solve at all.

I actually had a pretty enjoyable day with them (her included). We watched the birds drink the puddles, watched America's Funniest Home Videos, and went to dinner. Today I see the wisdom of my actions the past few days. By taking time for myself, I recharged myself and could enjoy her company for an extended period of time. It is like - victory. I have figured out how to get it to work. If I can minimize the exposure when the negative feelings are there, express them elsewhere, then when I am ready for the positive experiences, they can be there, and I can be understood as a person who enjoys her company, but is maybe somewhat...oh whatever the word is. Not that that is the way she thinks, but I figure positive experiences are good all the way around.

No comments: