17 May 2008

Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

So the drama with the airfare. I never really addressed this (as my sister kept pointing out to me), and today it was relevant again, so I'll give you the back story.

I bought tickets to go out to Maryland, and my mom bought tickets for me to go to a quilt show in Columbus with her. Well...when I asked Janardan how I should tell his parents, he seemed to think that by not consulting them beforehand, I had created a situation that would eventually result in drama. I was really confused by this, as I kind of just bought the tickets - I thought that his parents might be weird about it, but figured...hey, they don't really have a right to be - I'm an adult, and I don't necessarily need them to drive me to the airport. Anyway, so I was quite miffed about this situation, and didn't know how to broach the subject. So til now, the subjects have been undiscussed.

Then today I was working on my latest rainbow quilt, and Carol started getting some stuff out and showing me some embroidery that her family had done, and so I kind of slipped it in that I am going to a quilt show in Columbus with my mom, and going to take a class on embroidery. And no real reaction from her, but not the weird undercurrent non-reaction that I anticipated should I just bring it up out of the blue.

So I am hoping that some situation will present itself for the Maryland subject. Even so, probably within the next week, I should tell her about that one, just so she has some notice.

Anyway, so I was glad, and it was fun talking projects with Carol. So, there ya go.
"Everywhere you go, there you are." -Carol

No comments: