10 May 2008

My Sister Is Cruel

She did not just mention any meat to me today. Not just a simple hotdog or hamburger, or some chicken nugget, but she mentioned J-Dawgs. Not only is this out of reach to me in a vegetarian household, it is out of reach to me anywhere in Texas, even if I should venture out of the house. My meat craving has come back again. It hasn't even been a whole 24 hours. I tell you, I never craved meat so much when it was so available. I was content to eat almonds, beans, veggies. Now I still like eating those things, but my stomach yearns for what it cannot have.

I am also coming to an interesting dilemma, which I thought I might face tonight, but since Janardan may not be going to this party, I may not have to. And that is: should I attempt to refrain from eating meat when it is being served to me at another person's house when my in-laws are present?

It is a quandary. First of all, it could be hard for me to refrain, seeing as my meat cravings have been getting pretty strong. But, I am not sure how his dad would react to this. So tonight I dodge a bullet, but I am sure I will have to face this situation eventually, especially since we are traveling up to North Dakota with them, and their families are not vegetarian. I somehow feel more leary now that we are living with them - that his dad may expect me to more conform to his ways. I suppose I could just ask him. Maybe I will sometime, except we are never really alone, and that would seem the most appropriate venue. I guess we may on some occasion be alone with Janardan there, and that would be okay, but I would worry about Janardan stressing about me asking his dad in the first place. I guess I will play it by ear for now.

No comments: