23 May 2008

I hope Janardan gets to bed earlier tonight

So naturally when someone wakes up at 5pm, they don't really want to go to bed around 11pm or midnight. This is something I am used to--I have been married to Janardan for over a year and a half. So when I wake up this morning, and Carol is complaining to me about not being able to sleep very well last night, telling me that Janardan went to bed around the time that Art left for the airport (yes Monique he is actually leaving again this week lol), and says "I hope Janardan gets to bed earlier tonight," I cannot help but feel frustrated. He tries to be quiet as a mouse, trying not to wake anybody up, and the only reason he keeps his mom up is because she refuses to close her door at night when she's sleeping. If she is a light sleeper, it seems like she could take the preliminary precaution against waking up - closing her door. And I am like - I am not going to stand here and support you in complaining about my husband staying up late, when you and I both know that it has nothing to do with his choices, but because he is sick.

It's like...if she was wishing that for him, I could feel some sympathy and yeah, that would be nice, for him to be able to sleep regular times. But when she is complaining about my husband, because she will not close her own door, that is infuriating.

And like...I know part of the reason she wants to do that is so she will know exactly what time he went to bed, and I am like - you can't have it both ways. You can't sleep through the night and know when someone else goes to sleep. Me, I have made my choice. It is more important for me to feel rested, so I try to get back to sleep if I wake up in the night. Because I did used to wake up when Janardan would come to bed, because I wanted to check the clock and see what time it was. But that got me exhausted.

I guess it's like - today I am wondering why she even wanted us to come here. She wants to take care of him, but she can't handle taking care of him. And so, when I am like - you are so lucky that we came here to live with you - it is hard for me to hear her complaining about my husband keeping her up at night. It's like she has not learned that she needs to take care of herself to be able to take care of another person.

Anyway, so yeah. She kind of asked me how rested I was. And I said, "Well, considering how late I chose to go to bed, I didn't expect to feel very rested." So boo yah.

No comments: