25 May 2008

Non-meat craving

So...eating here is a very depressing venture. Like Carol's idea of protein is vegetarian (of the pork &) beans on the side of bland food. Janardan survives by eating lots of burritos, but I am tired of burritos. At home, I would make tons of meals with beans in them that were very tasty, but here I feel less at liberty to do so, and also I have less notice of whether I will actually be making a meal or not, so it is hard to have beans soaked and cooking. I really should have brought a crockpot. I am tempted to buy a third one just so I can have one here to cook things in. What I really need are some lentils.

Anyway...so I have been craving beans. Though I would settle for some chicken, or a steak, or pork chop. Also...they are weird about fake-o meat, so no buying like fake sausages or chicken nuggets, which would be another source of protein. Anyway, so now I need to figure out something to eat for dinner. Everyone else already ate while I was at church. So fun times had by all.

3 comments:

mandy said...

What are the objections to fake meat?

Jennie said...

Well, this is from Janardan and not from them, but I had that feeling from them, which is why I have not bought it before, but he says it is because it alludes to the desire for meat.

Max and Deanna said...

Jennie we haven't heard from you in a while--I hope everything is going OK.