19 July 2008

Two down?

I was right. I was looking forward to Chandra coming, and it was because I saw that we would probably have nights like tonight. It wasn't a conversation where I got to bare my soul or really talk that much about myself at all really, but I got to listen and do what I am good at - be interested in another person's life. She talked to me, and it was nice.

I really do like Chandra. It is this aspect of Chandra that makes me care about her more than Carol - because she shares with me, and can talk to me, and can actually have some sort of meaningful conversation. I hope to be able to have something akin to this with Carol, but I don't forsee that happening when she still treats my husband like a toddler. But anyway, so Chandra and I had a good talk tonight, and I was sad when her dad called her away to vacuum the bathroom.

Today I feel the carnivore becoming, at least a little, tamed.

No comments: