20 October 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Find out what it means to me

I am so angry. I almost boiled over, and I came from a non-angry state. It was like happy to angry in 0-60 in .5 seconds. Carol came home from class, and was doing whatever she does, and I made the mistake of not immediately running back to the bedroom, as I was in the middle of a game of mafia. And then, she is walking out of the room, and looks over, and is like "Boy, you didn't drink any of that water while I was gone" and I was up in flames, and almost the words "Get the freak off of him about drinking water" passed my lips. I controlled my words, but I was angry nonetheless. So I told Janardan I needed to go, and I came back to the bedroom. When there was no one to talk to on the computer, I decided to take a bath, which I did, and then I took a walk. 

I am just tired of the flagrant disrespect that Janardan receives. He is an adult. He can take care of drinking water if he is so inclined. He obviously had water if he wanted it, so there should be no concern. And I am upset, because nothing will make her change, and so the only thing to do is to move away. So in 15 days, we will leave, and she will ever be the same annoying person who doesn't know how to care about people, and only knows how to make people miserable. What a great legacy. 

It seems like some freak accident that she got Janardan as a son, that he resisted the natural flow to become more like her in all his growing up years. 

I don't care what the cause is, it is a great injustice in my eyes when someone berates (even when they think they are doing something to "care" for someon) someone that I love and adore so much. And I don't care how nicely she says it. When you say something that turns someone into a 3-year-old instead of a 23-year-old, that is disrespectful. Not that she even knows what respect is. 

It hurts me to see her treat him that way. It makes me being cringe. Meh, I will have some serious work to do before I am ready to have kids and foist her upon them as a grandmother.

1 comment:

Ryan + Angie said...

According to your countdown, you should be gone from TX now. Is that accurate? How do you feel?