17 October 2008

And you wonder where she gets it

Chandra has a rice cooker. And I avoided using it, because I figured there would be some sort of drama with it. But then she started making drama about me not using it, so I started using it to avoid drama, figuring I would switch back when the drama about its use came. I have been surprised, though, that it did not come sooner, and so thought it would not come. But it has come. Carol washes the bowl in the dishwasher, and Chandra doesn't like that, so she told Janardan rudely (ok it's the only way she knows how to communicate) that if I am going to use her rice cooker, I should wash it manually. So I don't appreciate her rudeness, but I can respect her property. 

But, you know, Carol can't. As in Janardan tells me this is going on, so I'm like ok. And then I go out to the kitchen and Carol is putting the rice cooker bowl in the dishwasher. So I come back to my room, and ask Janardan if Chandra told her mom. He says yes. But that Carol was being dumb about it, ignoring that the dishwasher was doing anything to it, and anyway, "It only costs $15." Which made me flash with anger. I remember a month or so ago, Carol calling Chandra spoiled because she didn't want to get a movie from Redbox on the free day, and would just go and pay the $1 a different day if she wanted to see a movie. For not wanting to save $1, Chandra gets called spoiled. But then, Chandra's rice cooker doesn't deserve respect, because it only costs $15. And you wonder where Chandra gets her rudeness from.

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Time is ticking down.