08 September 2008

Elation and Apathy

I feel elated right now. I just finished a book, and it made me soo happy. It just restored my faith in the universe. And to that, I feel like I have an impenetrable bubble that no Chandra and Carol can mar. Chandra is decidedly pissed at the world, and directs that at me right now, but I am still shiningly happy, because I know there is nothing I can do about it. Not one speck of worry, not even changed actions will make her feel differently, so trying is pointless, so I can feel free to feel elated, and to frankly not care at all what they think and feel. I have let myself be vulnerable for a while, now, you know, in the hopes of it yielding good results. But they are the dragons, and I am not living in ice, so for now, even invisioning a friendship is pointless. When they move to the ice, perhaps I will follow, and there we can be friends. But now, I will leave my defenses up in regards to them, while leaving them bare for all those who don't assault me. And I will revel in the joy. 

Today I feel the power of my own power to decide - the reach of my own grasp, the power of agency. I have the power to choose to not let them in now. I have the power to not care now. And I have the power to find here, even in the closest thing to hell that I have ever been. That is my perogative. And I will take it. These devils will not molest me. (Speaking figuratively of course, I don't really think they are devils. Haha)

5 comments:

Ryan + Angie said...

When I was cleaning the kitchen last night I started thinking about your situation. It made me think back to the time when you gave up your bedroom so I could live with your family. I wish you were having that kind of experience...where your home is warm and welcoming instead of what you are dealing with now. Even as a young girl you knew how to make someone feel welcome. How I wish you could feel that in return from someone else. I'm thinking of you!

Jennie said...

Thank you so much for your comment. It made me cry, and just helps me remember that there are people out there in the world who love me.

mandy said...

What book was it??? I could use a little faith restoring sometimes!

Jennie said...

Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer, but you gotta read the other books first. They're all good.

mk said...

You make my day award goes to YOU! See my blog for details ...